Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I’m at the end of the line. Or at the beginning..

506631_1b913e5d8a2cda44b3a80eba5d704325_large

Is this route 66? I imagine it is. I come to think of all of those “road trip” movies I’ve seen and this is what I remember most; the long, never ending roads in stone deserts. I really, really want to travel that road! I’ve heard it’s not what it was, but who cares.

I’ve driven California 1. It was a-a-amazing. Nothing less. Hearst Castle, Carmel, Monterey, Santa Barbara, the beautiful Bixby Creek Bridge. And the view.. oh, the view of the Pacific Ocean!

Route 66 doesn’t have that view. Nevertheless, it’s on my list.

This photo makes me think of something else too. I’m standing there. By the rocks. I’ve put those miles of roads behind me now. I’ve finished my Swedish course and I’m ready for the University. I don’t know what road to take, though. I can’t see it yet. And I know that as soon as I pass all of those rocks there’ll be miles and miles of more road ahead. I guess I’ll just have to put my walking boots on and start marching.

Happy Wednesday to you!

4 comments:

LENE said...

I am so thrilled that you have taken on your walking shoes on and started to march the wonderful and exciting life you have in front of you.
Have faith in yourself and never forget that I have always marched with you and always will do it :)
Love you!

Bettina said...

Thanks Mom! :)

I love you too!

Tree said...

Hello.
I am one of your US readers, and while I don't know if this is Route 66 - it's definately the US Southwest. The mythology of Rt 66 is long gone, but any road near any red rock scenary will get you the same feeling, so you MUST go someday! Highly recommend the southern Utah area for amazing scenery - Arches national park and nearby Dead Horse Point which is a beginning of the Grand Canyon; Bryce Canyon national park; and Zions national park.

Bettina said...

Tree:

Hello there,

Grand Canyon is on my list too! They have built a "terrass" there, where you more or less stand in the mid air. Have you seen it? I want that! ;)

There's so much to see in the US, I could go there every vacation and probably never get to see everything I want to.

Cheers, Bettina. :)